Mar 7, 2008

Sacrifice as the exact meaning of love

For some people this phrase is not acceptable. That is because in their own perception love has more pleasing meaning than this but for some especially Christians this is easy to digest. Why? People have different reaction to every given situation. We have different life experiences that a simple idea like love has diverse meaning for every individual. This phrase I believe strongly applies to my life. Why do I say such things? Yes of course I know the meaning of sacrifice but everyone has different perception to this word but for me it means to yield, to give anything you have for someone you love. You see I have seen this from my parents and I’m very grateful for the love that they have given me. We are not rich but my parents strive harder to get me and my three siblings through college, because of their effort we have finished our degree and we became professionals.

I have seen their sacrifices; I have seen my father goes home tired at 2:00 in the morning and goes to work again at 8:00 in the morning. I have seen him trying to pass the Certified Public Accountant national board examination in order to get promoted to his job while working in the bank. I have witnessed him studying before I slept at night and again in the morning when I awake to go to school. I even wondered back then does my father ever slept? Yes he did pass the examination and get a license as a certified public accountant and get promoted. I can never forget that at an early age my father asked me to pray to GOD to let him pass the examination. He said God listens to little children’s prayer and I believed him because he did listens to me.

When I finished my studies, I got employed and eventually got married they were always there supporting me. When I had my first child I realized how hard it was to take care of my baby. I have to wake up every two hours just to feed him during the first month and I came to realize that my parents have done this to me as well. This made me even more grateful to them for they have loved me well and I intend to love my children the same way.

As Christians we perceive sacrifice as the meaning of love because of our belief that Christ has died because of our sins. We believed that GOD loved us because he sacrificed his only son for us.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Reminder to everyone:

English is my second language so bear with me if my grammar, as well as sentence and paragraph construction is faulty. I am not writing to impress but simply to express my thoughts.

The opinion written here is solely mine and I have no intention to impose it to anyone for that matter. So as the title goes this is just my perception