Jan 9, 2009

Starting the New Year with optimism

I thank god for every opportunity that was given to me last year and today I’m thinking that this year I will make everyday count. Everyday is a new day where we can discover new things and be creative. I promise myself that this year besides from being a working mom I will also learn to be an entrepreneur because believe it or not our income is not enough to cater for the needs of our slowly growing family. I know I’m not the only one experiencing this because of the high rising prices of the commodities nowadays but I need to do something to add to our monthly income.

Come to think of it I know it will be easier on my budget if I choose the cheapest milk in the market for my 6 months old baby girl but I could not dare sacrifice her needs for my comfort. I also believe that DHA and AA that can be found in expensive baby milk formula can help add IQ points to my baby girl. You might be wondering why I’m not breastfeeding? It’s not really my choice you see when I was still single I was diagnosed with hyperactive toxic goiter and had undergone complete thyroidectomy. It is a surgical procedure for the complete removal of my thyroid gland. After my operation I was prescribed with levothyroxin sodium at 100mcg to be taken daily until the time I cease to exist. Levothyroxin sodium will be excreted in the breast milk that is why breastfeeding is not an option for me because it might be harmful to my baby.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Reminder to everyone:

English is my second language so bear with me if my grammar, as well as sentence and paragraph construction is faulty. I am not writing to impress but simply to express my thoughts.

The opinion written here is solely mine and I have no intention to impose it to anyone for that matter. So as the title goes this is just my perception