Apr 15, 2009

Share a home this summer


I’ve got an email from the Fresh Air Fund asking for my help and I say why not. It’s not everyday that you can help someone in a little way that can turn out to be big. So here I am writing my post about it. If you have a room in your home and in your hearts you can help by hosting a child this summer. These children are from low income families residing in New York City.

In 2008, The Fresh Air Fund's Volunteer Host Family Program, called Friendly Town, gave close to 5,000 New York City boys and girls, ages six to 18, free summer experiences in the country and the suburbs. Volunteer host families shared their friendship and homes for two weeks or more in 13 Northeastern states from Virginia to Maine and Canada.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Reminder to everyone:

English is my second language so bear with me if my grammar, as well as sentence and paragraph construction is faulty. I am not writing to impress but simply to express my thoughts.

The opinion written here is solely mine and I have no intention to impose it to anyone for that matter. So as the title goes this is just my perception