Apr 9, 2008

Taking care of my toodler

My son, Zen is already 2yrs old and 3 months now. He is such a sweet boy and I still call him baby. Every morning when he wakes up, he hugs and kisses me even if we are still in bed. His frequent word is Papa which means papa or mama, or sometimes apa-pa which means where is papa or where is mama. He calls both of us this way, I have never really figured out why he doesn’t call me mama yet. My son is a sickly child with mild asthma that is why it’s very difficult for my part as a working mom. If only I have a choice to maximize our earnings without going to work 8 hours a day for five days. If given a choice I want to work only part time even if just three times a week or even just four hours a day to have more time for my child. I’m also thinking of having a home based business that would earn more than the usual corporate career woman’s salary but it seems impossible considering the economic situation of our country.

Zen is still learning to talk and there are times when he talks to me in words that I just could not understand. I just take note on his body movements in particular to where he points an object or in other times he holds my hand and leads me to where that object is. I also notice that when he wants to go out he would say “shoes?” and pick up his shoes and pull my hand. That would mean he wants to wear his shoes and go out of the house. As much as possible I make it a point not to spank him if he has done something wrong instead I tell him that what he is doing is wrong in a strong and serious manner. I firmly believe that a child learns in a manner of experience. I want my child to be fearless in the future and never afraid to learn and to discover the goodness of life. I read about this phrase in my mom’s house, she put the frame in the living room.

CHILDREN LEARN WHAT THEY LIVE

If a child lives with criticism, he learns to condemn.
If a child lives with hostility, he learns to fight.
If a child lives with shame, he learns to feel guilty.
If a child lives with tolerance, he learns to be patient.
If a child lives with ridicule, he learns to be shy.
If a child lives with encouragement, he learns confidence.
If a child lives with fairness, he learns justice.
If a child lives with security he learns to have faith.
If a child lives with approval, he learns to like himself.
If a child lives with acceptance and friendship he learns to find love in the world.

It rings true for me and I plan to raise my child this way.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Reminder to everyone:

English is my second language so bear with me if my grammar, as well as sentence and paragraph construction is faulty. I am not writing to impress but simply to express my thoughts.

The opinion written here is solely mine and I have no intention to impose it to anyone for that matter. So as the title goes this is just my perception