Jul 3, 2009

Friday Reflections: What Matters Most

Have you read the book entitled Purpose Driven Life? I’ve read the book and it is really a good book with lots of ideas that can make you think about what really matters most to your life. The book consists of 40 chapters that you have to read and contemplate on for 40 days. It has some valuable insights on how to live your life in a meaningful way. It states that the most important valuables in life are not things but people. These are the very person that we want to see before we leave this world. The memories that we cherish most are good memories of our love ones. Things can make us happy but for how long? Do we need to always upgrade to maintain the happiness that it has given us? When I think about it, I do want to go abroad and to earn better bigger salary, like my friends but I just can’t bear to leave behind my husband and my two children. I can’t bear to live each day without them by my side and to miss out on the most important event of their life.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Reminder to everyone:

English is my second language so bear with me if my grammar, as well as sentence and paragraph construction is faulty. I am not writing to impress but simply to express my thoughts.

The opinion written here is solely mine and I have no intention to impose it to anyone for that matter. So as the title goes this is just my perception