Jul 24, 2009

Friday Reflections: You are not alone


“You are not alone” a familiar song of Michael Jackson and it is true. At times like every one else I also felt a feeling of powerless to change the situation I’m in but it helps a lot when I think that I’m not alone. That there is a supreme being that has been with me from the time I was born up until now and I believe also until the end of my life. There are countless of times that I whispered his name in the time of adversity and also during the crucial event of my life where I needed to make an important decision and he had let me feel his presence.

What I learned from prayer is that you don’t always get what you want but in the end you will know that you get what is best for you. It also helps me to accept the things that I could not change and to change the things that I can. I also learn to surrender my will to the will of God, especially to the things or circumstances that I could not change. I think it is through admitting that we are not omnipotent that we learn to trust in God.

I’m very grateful to my father for teaching me to pray and for believing that my prayers will be answered. When I was young my father always asked me to pray for his petitions because he made me believe that God answers little girl’s prayers and I did. When I got older it was already instilled in my mind to pray always for other people’s petitions especially if they request it from me. I even joined in prayer groups when I was still single but nowadays I don’t have time to pray in a group anymore. Motherhood demands so much from me. I guess I have my hands full for taking care of my two children and maintaining my career. Nowadays, I still pray either alone or together with my toddler and my husband.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Reminder to everyone:

English is my second language so bear with me if my grammar, as well as sentence and paragraph construction is faulty. I am not writing to impress but simply to express my thoughts.

The opinion written here is solely mine and I have no intention to impose it to anyone for that matter. So as the title goes this is just my perception