Jun 8, 2009

My thyroid Check – up

Last Friday I’ve visited my doctor for my thyroid check-up. As you all know I had my total Thyroidectomy in the year 2002. I was advised by my surgeon during that time to have a yearly medical check up to monitor my thyroid but because of my busy schedule I was not able to do so. During the years that follow I’ve married my husband and have given birth to my two children. Last Friday I have my blood examined for ThT4, this is a procedure to know if my thyroid hormone levels are still normal and I’ve just found out today that it is not. My laboratory result says that I have low thyroid hormones resulting to hypothyroidism. This Tuesday I will have my follow up check up

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Reminder to everyone:

English is my second language so bear with me if my grammar, as well as sentence and paragraph construction is faulty. I am not writing to impress but simply to express my thoughts.

The opinion written here is solely mine and I have no intention to impose it to anyone for that matter. So as the title goes this is just my perception